Tabs

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I like about technology.

There's a lot I like about the Internet. I don't even know where to begin! But I'm going to because that's the point. Well, this isn't overused at all, but I like the ability to be more anonymous. In real life, I'm under certain standards. And that's fine, they're reasonable standards that I can easily follow because I'm not a horrible person. In my opinion. But this is what I can do on the Internet that I can't do in real life.
I can't be as critical or as open as I can in real life. On the Internet, I can (I don't do this all the time, but sometimes) criticize people's grammar, their mistakes, and wrong information, because that's kind of what I feel like doing, I suppose. In real life, I deal with quite a few idiots. I come home, and see them online. And I want them to regret their mistakes, and so they never forget. Muahahaha >:)
But in all seriousness, I can be who I want to be. I don't have to be Andrey. I can imitate whoever I want, or my real self, or my online personality. Online, I say "greetings" as a greeting instead of "hello! ^.^" in real life because I get tired of having people to expect me to say "hello! ^.^" and other words that are more formal than I typically use because people usually don't appreciate it.
Well, that's most of the things I have for privacy and personality. Another thing is video games. When I play them, I don't have to worry about all the things I should worry about. I don't feel terribly depressed, I don't feel stressed and worried, I can focus on digging or shooting or jumping or whatever I'm doing and having fun at. It's a distraction from real life. And all my free time is consumed by distractions. Whether it be books, games, blogs, programming, I do it because it allows me to not focus on things I hate.
So basically, it's a nice thing to take me away. I don't have to worry. I can be myself. It's fun. I'ts a distraction. //ghostmancer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment whatever you'd like. As long as it isn't spam.